Sunday, November 18, 2012

On art journaling


Here are some of my art journals:




They are cheap notebooks that I use almost every day.

I use them to experiment with different techniques and materials.
To make notes and write down ideas.
To make small composition sketches.
For mind mapping, doodling.
To create a visual journal about thoughts, feelings, events, people and moments I want to record.

The reason I use cheap notebooks is that it takes off the pressure of ‘doing things right’.
I can waste paper as much as I like.
With expensive paper or journals I would be to worried to do anything!

(I still have some very expensive pastel drawing paper under my bed that I have used only twice in 20 years.)

Here is some more information on art journaling:

15 reasons why artists keep visual journals

How to start an art journal.






No comments:

Post a Comment